Friday, September 23, 2011

TRENDnet 300Mbps Wireless N PoE Access Point TEW-653AP (White)

The 300Mbps Wireless N PoE Access Point (model TEW-653AP) combines high speed wireless n coverage with Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology to deliver up to 12x the speed and 4x the coverage of wireless. This feature rich device blends into most environments and offers Access Point, Wireless Distribution System (WDS), and Repeater mode functionality. Define a weekly power saving schedule, view real time network traffic charts, turn off the flashing LED indicators, and assign individual VLANs for up to 4 separate SSIDs. Advanced antenna technology (MIMO) delivers superior range and eliminates dead spots. Synchronize wireless clients at the touch of a button with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). Advanced encryption protects valuable data and WMM Quality of Service (QoS) technology prioritizes video and audio packets.

Amazon Sales Rank: #2541 in Consumer Electronics Color: White Brand: TRENDnet Model: TEW-653AP Platform: Windows Format: CD Original language: English Number of items: 1 Dimensions: 12.00" h x 31.00" w x 10.00" l, .62 pounds Features Access Point, WDS, and Repeater modes No need to install the device near a power source using PoE technology Assign individual VLANs for up to four separate SSIDs Advanced encryption, WMM QoS and SNMP support 3-Year Limited Warranty

The best feedback from customers on July 7 people found the following review helpful. Finally, only one access point DH finally only access point that has all the features usually seen in units 3 times the cost of a very elegant package, that can be placed where most needed at home or office. Mine is in the hallway of the house and nothing draws attention to the smoke detector. I will recommend and install this, for both residential and commercial customers in the future. October 09 people found this review helpful. Much of what I was looking for Ted Hajduk The AP has it all - 802.11n/a/b/g, Power over Ethernet, decent user interface, good configuration flexibility, everything you could want. I found this article when I searched Amazon for a Power over Ethernet AP. I wanted to finally install an AP in a permanent place in my house (instead of hanging in my office), but did not want the hassle of having to run both a supply line and an Ethernet cable to the device just to be clear, the PoE (Power over Ethernet) allows you to use a single cable (Ethernet cable) is the power of the device and the network connection to the device. The power of direct current is low power (less than 20 watts), also "... must be obeyed" had some "concern" about the appearance of a cap AP and how it could conflict with the setting ( multiple antennas hanging like a big black spider). I also wanted a device that a network engineer (20 + years of experience) I do not think a toy. This device has exceeded my expectations. First (and most important - after all, must be obeyed) clean and tidy appearance - a white cylinder, a little thicker than a smoke detector - the antennas were all inside the unit, nothing to hang When you have set the device on the desktop (I have to start somewhere), we went. I crawled into my laptop and checked the stairs NetStumbler - signal strength was-20dB - took him outside and walked 200 'away from my property line and still have-45dB (good - I was impressed). NetStumbler fell and launched Firefox and was fast . After the reception and ask the basic elements that I use (no SSID broadcast, MAC address filtering, WPA2, PSK, etc, etc) - was simple, intuitive interface where all (well, okay, I admit - an intuitive network engineer - I know not how not knowing what I know and see the screens as "average" is - if you have any problems, ask the IT geek in your circle of friends for help and cook a dish biscuits). The best part was the last physical installation! Since the coverage was so good I could my original plans to put it on the first install drop ceiling, floor (hole between the floors, run power and Ethernet, large mounting surface for the transformer, etc.) and instead chose the second floor ceiling - very close the "laundry room" (where my cable modem, router, firewall, telephone punch-down blocks, etc.). I have drilled a hole in the ceiling in utility room (the attic), and another in the ceiling on the second floor atrium. I have cut the mounting plate around the hole 2 (lightweight plastic plugs and screws provided), ran the CAT5 cable between the holes plugged the cable into the AP and the push-twist (bayonet connectors think) and is mounted! Back to the pantry - the other end to the PoE injector Trendnet (I had to buy separately), connect the power injector on the ruler and put the cable (I was previously using on my desk) to the gun - Since that time I was ready - no problem. Going on without any intervention for about four months. We have three laptops and a Windows XP laptop Windows 7 - we had a number of simultaneous active sessions streaming video at the same time without problems. The AP looks good when you kick (I'm sure the card guide assembly so blue 3.

0 comments:

Post a Comment